Tuesday, May 22, 2007

a very vegetable story


I came to Mauritius on the 1st of may, a few days after my summer break commenced.Between doing other things(sleeping,eating, reading and going to the beach), I also accompanied my mom to the local vegetable and fruit market...the first thing that struck me was that the vendors marketed their goods in a different language(creole-and I did not get a word of what they were saying).The organised tables, the fully covered market with lanes for different veggies is a far cry from the vegetable markets we are used to back home in India.....it was a totally fresh experience....

and ya, one of the veggies i found amazing to look at was called 'squash' ( in English, I couldn't get the creole name...).From what I found out, it is pretty similar to the Indian pumpkin in taste....



pics of the market and the 'squash'.....

No comments: