Thursday, January 7, 2010

New life

I am just about to complete my first week at work.It feels good, though I have been alternating between
contentment and frustration.Bombay looks amazing , especially the area where I go to sit inside an AC premises.All day while I stare at my computer, I think of the beautiful structures outside, the amazing street shopping and the second hand book stalls waiting for me.I think I shall sneak out one of these days for an hour or two and have my fill of staring, browsing and buying.
Which makes me come to my first frustration: I want a decent camera.Everything I look at these days is new and I am noticing all sorts of details which I wouldn't otherwise.I want to capture them...sigh!
Work is good.I have been given a logo development assignment.I can safely say i've never worked so much for my personal projects too! But, whenever I do things under strict constraint, like this identity task, I find my mind wandering to all sorts of art practices, freedom to make whatever crap I want in whatever way I want.
ah well.Sigh! ( again)
Oh and  I miss college and my friends. Very much . I keep wanting to go to Pune, but then I realize that most of us aren't there anymore and it just won't be the same... :(
So there.I am in  a strange mood these days...wonder when it will get back to normal.( or maybe this is the new normal??)

3 comments:

akshay said...

weekend projects.... realise the art ideas on the weekends.. you'll find your job even more fulfilling...

Cheers,
Akshay

akshay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mistsonthesea said...

yes..i think i will!
:D